SIZE AND TYPE OF TRANSACTIONS VARY BY REGION
- Asia’s largest market, with a number of home-grown leaders in the high-end and ‘masstige’ segments.
- Typically provides investment opportunities in larger companies but through minority stakes.
- Sequential expansion of top-end brands from top Tier to lower Tier cities is a key theme.
- Slightly less-developed relative to China’s economy, but still a key rival in terms of size and growth.
- Facilitates larger stakes in market-leading companies penetrating the domestic consumer base.
SOUTH EAST ASIA
- Diverse region home to several rapidly developing economies and consumer hubs.
- L Catterton Asia‘s regional presence positions it well to execute profitable cross-border growth of portfolio companies.
AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND
- Developed economies with strong governance systems and vibrant consumer markets.
- Well-developed intellectual property and quality products that have untapped growth potential in Asia and rest of the world.
NORTH EAST ASIA
- Developed markets like Japan, Korea and Taiwan have many companies with well-developed intellectual property and high-quality products that are looking at growth from emerging Asian markets.
- An attractive consumption belt with some of the highest per capita income levels and growth rates.